Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, October 1

Try something new!

Sometimes when you get in a rut -- whether it's creatively or emotionally -- trying new things can boost you enough to get out of it. And sometimes shedding old "schtuff" is necessary, but I digress.

I took a fun class over the summer and learned how to make this fun little woven decoration for a rock. Those who know me know that I'm obsessed with cool rocks, and seeing that I like to play with them and make little cozies probably won't come as a surprise.  At the end of the day, I came home with this little beauty -- a favorite rock found for me by a favorite kid in a favorite place.

And it will sit on my desk for eternity. But, I couldn't stop thinking about OTHER ways to incorporate this new technique into something cooler and more interesting.


And I came up with this sweet little heart. Only, this is a piece of sea glass wrapped with wire. Same technique, but wholly different supplies. I just love how getting out of the box can really knock your creativity into overdrive!


And this is what it looks like today -- and it's hanging in my window as a quiet reminder to nurture my creativity and try new things. What are you doing to nurture your creativity?


Have a wonderful day, thanks for dropping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.