Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, March 4

Positivity Journal #2

I've been trying to get back in the groove of creating art in my journals in the mornings and evenings. Not sure why I stopped, but I realized I was spending much more time on my iPad then creating and have made a big effort to put that thing down and pick up the stamps and markers.



I have had quite a few people ask me how I created this page so I thought I would share the process, which was inspired by a student at a workshop I taught a few weeks ago.

First, I started with a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Journal Page (canson or strathmore) and put a post it note in the center. Then I stamped around it with a stamp from my Blossoms in Bloom set. It's the one on the far right in the image below.


As I stamped around the mask to create a frame, I overlapped the stamp on the post-it. Before I removed the mask in the center of the page I traced it to create a nice frame in the center.


Then it just needed color and a quote and it was done.


I do like the way it turned out.

Thanks for dropping by today, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.