Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, August 15

Dreams....

Last year I mentioned to my sweet friend Val that I wanted to open a teaching studio so I could teach mixed media art classes near where I live.

And she showed me this space. In her building. It didn't look like this though -- it was crammed full of lots of stuff and junk. After they moved out all the junk I spent one whole day cleaning and it looked like this. 


Since I had a vision in my head -- I looked and looked for the perfect table and other items to furnish it with. A woman gave me a nice table and I even bought one that needed a lot of work. And then this 44" x 9 FOOT long mammoth came along and the price was so right. And I couldn't say no. It was what I had asked for.

Once the table was in there my dream started to take shape.


And then I started making it look pretty with all the great ideas I've seen over on Pinterest. You can tell I've been thinking and dreaming of this for a long time -- I started pinning ideas to that board about a year ago.


Today I found 6 more chairs at goodwill -- and the price was SO WAY right that I took them right away and into the studio. I have a few more things to find (yes, I am learning patience)  I also need to get some supplies purchased and then will start to schedule classes and soon, so very soon -  Merrymeeting Art House will be ready for students.


So if you have a dream.
Even if it feels so big and so unattainable.
Don't give up on it.

I didn't -I thought about it and dreamt about it and planned what I would do and how it would look.

And, look..... it happened!

Thanks for dropping by today -- and a huge thanks to everyone that has helped me make my dream come true!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your new adventure. Everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine, this looks fantastic! So happy for you - and I'll be watching for classes you'll offer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on following your dream and seeing it to reality! I would love to come take a class in this space!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.